Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blogging

Having an internet cafe is opening up many doors for me. For an example, I can now start (again) my hobby of blogging. This hobby was stopped before because I was having trouble finding internet connection (which was free) after I resigned from my job as a programmer in a timeshare company. But now as I have internet connection 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, there are plenty of time for me to create new posts.

I started blogging when the blogging feature was introduced by Friendster. At that time, I have heard a little about blogging but didn't really know what it was. So to satisfy my curiosity I started blogging with Friendster. But after a while I found it that there was many limitations with Friendster's blogging feature, such as the need to change the look of your blog. At that time (I don't know if Friendster already improved their blogging feature now) Friendster didn't provide online tools to modify your background color, font color, or changing your header background with image that kind of stuffs. Then I found out about Blogger. It was like founding heaven for me, because you can use the predefined themes and then edit its html coding. Changing the color of your background and font was really simple as there is an online tools that you can use and even preview the changes before saving them. The introduction of sidebar also amazed me. Inserting new widgets to the sidebar is really simple, all you need to is a simple click. I have been using Blogger as my blogging place until now. I've heard about many other site which provides blogging such as Wordpress. It also has many big fans. I will try to use it later, but for now I am satisfied with Blogger.

No comments: